This is a new libssh release which fixes important bugs and adds some nice new features. We have rewritten the poll(2)-emulation and on Windows we check for WSAPoll() on runtime now.
If you are new to libssh read the API reference how to get started. Please join our mailing list or visit our irc channel if you have questions.
You can download libssh 0.4.3 here. For Windows binaries we suggest to use the MSVC and MinGW binaries from the KDE Windows project here. Packages for Fedora are available here and for openSUSE here.
- Added global/keepalive responses.
- Added runtime detection of WSAPoll() for Vista and Windows 7.
- Added a select(2) based poll-emulation if poll(2) is not available.
- Added a function to expand an escaped string.
- Added a function to expand the tilde from a path.
- Added a proxycommand support.
- Added ssh_privatekey_type public function
- Added the possibility to define _OPENSSL_DIR and _ZLIB_DIR.
- Fixed sftp_chown.
- Fixed sftp_rename on protocol version 3.
- Fixed a blocking bug in channel_poll.
- Fixed config parsing wich has overwritten user specified values.
- Fixed hashed [host]:port format in knownhosts
- Fixed Windows build.
- Fixed doublefree happening after a negociation error.
- Fixed aes*-ctr with <= OpenSSL 0.9.7b.
- Fixed some documentation.
- Fixed exec example which has broken read usage.
- Fixed broken algorithm choice for server.
- Fixed a typo that we don’t export all symbols.
- Removed the unneeded dependency to doxygen.
- Build examples only on the Linux plattform.