The libssh team is happy to announce version 0.7.0 of the SSH library. The big feature of this release is support of ed25519 keys which OpenSSH supports since version 6.5. We also improved a lot of the internal code and fixed a long list of bugs. Some of the features got backported to the libssh 0.6 release.
Thanks to all contributors!
With the release of libssh 0.7.0 we will discontinue the 0.6 branch. We will provide patches for security issues at https://www.libssh.org/security.
If you are new to libssh you should our tutorial how to get started. Please join our mailing list or visit our irc channel if you have questions.
You can download libssh 0.7.0 here. For Windows we also provide a zip file and an installer built on Windows 8.1.
Packages for Fedora and for openSUSE are available here.
- Added support for ed25519 keys
- Added SHA2 algorithms for HMAC
- Added improved and more secure buffer handling code
- Added callback for auth_none_function
- Added support for ECDSA private key signing
- Added more tests
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- Improved API documentation